Traktor DJ is free for today only. You can save $5/$20 on the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad versions. Be sure to grab them on the App Store at bit.ly/traktordjiphone (iPhone) or bit.ly/buytraktordjforipad (iPad). If you have an iPhone, but don’t have an iPad (or vice versa), you can always download the app from iTunes and own it in case you get one in the future.
Last week we wrote about PureDJ, a concept for a new app from iMect the creators of DJ Player. An email was sent to the PureDJ mailing list with news on the app. With regards to features, both looping and auto-gain have been ruled out as included features. So far the reception has not been enough to start development on the app. If PureDJ is an app that you would be interested in purchasing, be sure to sign up for the PureDJ mailing list and spread the word to show your support.
Speaking of iMect, DJWorx reported today on the 6.1 update for DJ Player should be coming soon. The big features of this update include plug and play support for additional MIDI controllers, faster MIDI mapping, and new effects. There is also a promotional video that demonstrates how DJ Player 6.1 works with the Numark iDJ Pro. You can find the 5.1 update feature list below.
DJ Player 6.1 is submitted and will be available very soon. Here is what’s new:
- Gate and filtered white noise effect. Free for new customers from April, small in-app purchase otherwise.
- DVS and custom background available for everybody.
- Tap (manual beatcounter) recalculates auto bpm.
- LPHP is softer.
- Deck lock disables taps on the track structure.
- Some subtle design changes (default background, font, etc.).
- Changes in custom background filename rule to support orientations.
- MIDI-mappable: beatgrid controls, beat LEDs, global FX controls, jump to the beginning, tap, track browser/main screen changing.
- Way faster MIDI mapping with full deck/fx page copy by channel number increment. For example: map deck A, then copy to B/C/D with increasing channel numbers. (Many controllers have no changes between decks, just a next higher channel).
- Big jog wheel performance fix for Numark Mixtrack Pro and N4. Please delete the old default mappings from iTunes File Sharing.
PLUG AND PLAY support for:
- Hercules DJ Control Air, DJ Control Air+, DJConsole RMX2, DJControl Instinct.
- Allen&Heath XONE:K2.
- Numark iDJ Pro and MixTrack Pro II.